Goal: Making strong Water, Sanitation & Health (WASH) framework around the country especially in the distressed zone for developing the country by ensuring the mass people’s participation in a sustainable mechanism.
Objectives: Main objectives are rebuilding and reshaping the WASH sector with relation to water, sanitation & health aspect of the worst-affected & distressed poor people reducing the overall health crisis. We want to uplift their lives by ensuring a sustainable WASH management policy and implementations.
Target Beneficiary: They are our basic target beneficiaries around the country basically in the distressed areas who already faced a crucial life threatening phenomenon related to supply of pure drinking water, proper sanitation and adequate health facilities. Overall objective of this project is to ensure availability of safe drinking water at the household level of the target beneficiaries and to reduce water borne disease like epidemic in the project area. Objectives of this project are to: Increase access safte drining water facilities to poor families through installation tube wells. Increase use of safe water for domestic purposes at the household level of target beneficiaires.Reduce prevalence rate of water borne diseases in the project area.Reduce death rates from waterborne disease in target areas.
Supply of pure drinking water in less developed areas in Chittagong & Cox’sBazar Area, Bangladesh:-
Supply of pure drinking water in less developed areas in Chittagong & Cox’sBazar Area, Bangladesh.
|Location of the action||Cost of the action (USD)||Role in the action: Coordinator, co-applicant, affiliated entity||Donors to the action (name)||Amount contributed (by donor)||Dates (from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy)|
|Objectives||Ø Overall objective of this project is to ensure availability of safe drinking water at the household level of the target beneficiaries and to reduce water borne disease like epidemic in the project area.
Ø Objectives of this project are to: Increase access safte drining water facilities to poor families through installation tube wells.
Ø Increase use of safe water for domestic purposes at the household level of target beneficiaires.
Ø Reduce prevalence rate of water borne diseases in the project area.
Ø Reduce death rates from waterborne disease in target areas.
|Results of the action||v Ensure safe drinking water supply among direct 4000 persons and indirectly 10,000 beneficiaries in the project area.
v Reduce dorbidity and moratality rate of water borne diseases among the water target beneficiaries thereby they will be able to engage themselves in economic agri productive activities and increase of income of the beneficiaries.
wUDeI‡qj ¯’vcb cÖKí
Supply of pure drinking water project in less developed areas in Chittagong & Cox’s Bazar Area under WATSAN program – funded by Muslim Charity UK, Penny Appeal – UK total no. 300 Hand pump installed last two years.
Supply of pure drinking water project in less developed areas in Chittagong & Cox’s Bazar Area under WATSAN program – funded by Muslim Charity UK, Penny Appeal – UK total no. 300 Hand pump/Water well installed last two years.
Emergency Humanitarian Assistance related to WASH) to Natural Disasters and Rohingya Refugees victims:
Since 2007 We (AGRAJATTRA) having good experience on Food, Corrugated sheets for shelter Distribution & Civil Construction work. Agrajattra always desires to work anywhere in Bangladesh other than the programming areas in case of Emergency responds, Natural calamities/disaster. We feel proud to do such types of Emergency work as desired by the donors.
Rohingya Refugee Crisis Program :
The List of support given to Rohingya Refugee Camps :
- Instant Emergency Humanitarian Assistance for new arrival Rohingya refugees.
- Emergency drinking water supply by truck and Water Jar.
- Emergency food bags distribution.
- Hygiene kits Distribution
- Essential non food items,
- Medical Camps
- Child Friendly Space (CFS)
- Installation of Shallow Tube well / Deep Tube well
- Installation of Hygiene Block Latrine (03 Chambers & 19 Rings)
- Installation of Washroom for Women (03 Chambers)
- Tent & Shelter Kits support for Tent Upgrading etc.
Rohingya Refugees : Agrajattra Distributing Emergency food kits, NFI, Hygiene kits and water supply by Truck to Rohinga Refugees at Ukiya & Technaf Upazila.
Rohingya Refugees: Agrajattra operating Medical Camp & Distributing Humanitarian Assistance to Rohingya Refugees at Ukiya & Technaf Upazila.
Our Health visiting tent to tent and hills after hills to Conducting session on different issues related to family planning, personal health, hygiene of women & child etc.
Agrajattra operating CFS (Child friendly Space) at Hakimpara Camp.
Agrajattra WASH program for Rohingya Refugee people.
Agrajattra Penny appeal ( Joint WASH Programs) Block Latrine Model having with 03 chambers (4×4) and 19 Rings and water sealed Slab which made the same place polluted free environment. Women lead user committee look after the latrines for maintains.
Results of the action
Ensure safe drinking water supply among direct 4000 persons and indirectly 10,000 beneficiaries in the project area. Reduce morbidity and moratality rate of water borne diseases among the water target beneficiaries thereby they will be able to engage themselves in economic agri productive activities and increase of income of the beneficiaries.
Technical capacity, Qualification & Experience:
Agrajattra has a long presence since 2000 in Cox’s Bazar and has developed a strong network with the local authorities, national entities and NGO’s. In addition, it has over 20 years of experience into implement several humanitarian projects in different locations across the country specially Coastal belt, Island & hilly areas. The main thematic areas focus on intervention and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Humanitarian Responds, Rohingya refugee Crisis, Shelter & site development support, Women Empowerment (IGA) & livelihood, WASH project with Local host community of CXB Dist. which are facilitated by several expertise team, staffs and a large volunteer base.
Since 2000 Agrajattra working at Cox’sBazar dist. Including Most affected Host community of Ukiya & Tehnaf sub dist. where host people are affected due to the influx of Rohingya. For over one year, since 1st week of Rohingya refugee crisis (25th Aug 2017) Agrajattra has run “Emergency Humanitarian Support to Rohingya Refugees in Bangladesh project” in the Rohingya refugee camps at Hakimpara-14, Potobonia-16 and Balukhali-09 & 10 by Agrajattra since the beginning and distributed NFI, ESK, USK, Model Shelters, Emergency Food bags, Hygiene Kits, Wash facilities (Hygiene Latrine & bathing Cubes), Water supply through Water trucking, Water networking & supplying pure drinking water (40,000 Lit/Day), installation of Deep tube wells, Primary Health care services, Child friendly Space (CFS) at different camps with the support and approval of various government departments, officials, agencies, local administrators and community leaders, ESK & USK shelter provided used for new arrivals from Myanmar. All the above interventions have been delivered through the establishment of different teams for successful coordination, including community facilitators and volunteers, medical camp and health facilitators, and administrative teams. All project activities covered men, women, children and the disabled. Food, non-food, hygiene kits, WASH provisions, medical camp, child friendly space are the main component of our ongoing project.
Moreover It’s Hygiene promotion sessions at camp level, Hygiene latrines, Washroom for women & Girls, Deep Tube well created a very good impact among Rohingya community. Biological protection by Bamboo woven fencing/Jute mate/bags, Vertiver Plantation, Tree plantation, Site improvement work, Waste Management at camp level made a unique advantage of Rohingya responds by Agrajattra supported by different donor’s like Penny appeal-UK, AWO International–Germany, Swiss Solidarities, Muslim Charity UK, BSRM Foundation. Agrajattra coverage appo. 50,000 Rohingya with different support. Representatives from RRRC, CiC, Government, non government, Army personal, local government were present during distribution & opening ceremony of any above activities.
Partnership with Valued Donors:
- Action Aid Bangladesh (AAB)
- ADRA Bangladesh
- AWO International
- BSRM Foundation
- CARE Bangladesh
- Christian Aid – UK (C Aid UK)
- Global One UK
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- LACIM – France.
- Muslim Charity – UK
- Partners in Sustainable Development International (PSDI), USA.
- Penny Appeal – UK
- UNDP (Roster Member)
- UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization)
Our Valued Donors/Partner :-
Alliance Member / Networking Organization :
- PSES (Promotion of Social and Environmental Standards in the Industry) Member of National STEERING Committee for Minimum Wage Board & others Action under Bangladesh Ministry of Commerce and the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation And Development (BMZ).
- Social Compliance of Bangladesh Garments Industries – BSCI & Lift the Standard – Germany.
- Ministry of Youth Development the peoples of Bangladesh Gov’t.
- Ministry of Labor & Manpower the peoples of Bangladesh Gov’t.
- Ministry of Commerce the peoples of Bangladesh Gov’t.
- Small & Medium Entrepreneurs Foundations (SME)
- Bangladesh Country Coordinating Mechanism (BCCM)
- CSRL (Campaign for Sustainable Rural Livelihood)
- DBM (Democratic Budget Movement)
- NIRAPAD (Network for information response and Preparedness Activities on Disaster )
- DEPP, START NETWORK,
- Start Fund Network (Primary Short listed)
- WE CAN (Amrai Pari Paribarik Nirjaton Protirodh Jot) Campaign
- The Hunger Project
- Bikoshto Nari Network
- National Youth Leadership Forum
- Women Consortium Entrepreneurs, New Delhi, India
- Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce & industries (BWCCI)
- Chittagong Women Chamber of Commerce & industries (CWCCI)
- Chittagong Women Entrepreneurs Association, Chittagong.
- National Youth Federation, Dhaka
- National Youth Organization Federation, Chittagong.
- BGMEA (Bangladesh Garments Manufacturer & Exporters Associations)
- Chittagong Chamber of Commerce & Industries (CCCI) etc.
- Agrajattra members of PSES (Promotion of Social and Environmental Standards in the Industry) National STEERING Committee is a joint program of the Bangladesh Ministry of Commerce and the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation And Development (BMZ), Implemented by GIZ.
- Agrajattra also participating daylong workshop for “Social Compliance of Bangladesh Garments Industries” two times in a year since last 05 Years jointly organized by BSCI & Lift the standard Bangladesh. Where Hon’ble Minister of Labor & manpower, Hon’Ble MP’s, Retail Chain store Buyers, Buying houses, President of BGMEA, BKMEA, Trade Union leaders, Garments Factory Owners, NGO Officials and others stakeholders were Regularly Present in the Workshop.